Wednesday 14 December 2011

Flowers or birds?




I found this link to a beautiful felt flower ages ago and have just got round to making it. The link to this lovely project is here at the Megan Reardon tutorial, or link to her blog Not Martha


Extra tips are:


1) Stitch each petal rather than gluing, less fiddly & saves time 
2) Rather than glue the main disc to the card, sew a running stitch around the edge of the disc and then pull tight to fix it over the card backing. See pic below...




I'm going to experiment with other colours and shapes and I'll let you know how things go...


Happy stitching
Alli
x

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look fabulous. Too late for this Christmas but I might get started for next!

    ReplyDelete