Saturday 3 November 2012

Blog School

OK, so I'm a teacher, but that doesn't mean I can't go back to school, learn something new and improve my blog. I've joined up with a blog school as I want to improve the way my blog works and how it reaches people.

Lesson 3 is all about images, so whilst sewing and making, yesterday, I paid more attention to taking shots and rigged up a mini studio, like this one here, using natural light, a lamp and a piece of light card - high tech, I know!


Look at the photo taken before, at night, using lamplight. Blurch..

The next day, using natural light in my 'studio'!

Here's another before and after.
The colours of the fabrics are a true
likeness on the second image.


I also had a go at telling a story and using Pic Stitch to show how the make-up bag was made.

The fabric pieces, the pinned pieces,
partly made bags to completed bags.

I also used the studio to take better pics of my new bags.






I'm pleased with the results of my 'homework' and now all I need to do is learn how to make a widget to link to my Fabcebook page! Until that time, you can find and 'like' me here at Alli Handmade.

Happy Saturday
Alli :)








1 comment:

  1. Your photos 'in the studio' look so much better, right?! Amazingly so! Go YOU!

    Re Facebook Widget > http://www.facebook.com/badges/ xx

    ReplyDelete