|It's got a fridge life of one week...it'll be eaten by then!|
The hospital was near a Marks & Spencer store and they make a delicious sandwich - Wensleydale Cheese and Caramelised Carrot Chutney. To have a break,(no pun intended), I'd pop over to the store to get my lunch and a microwave dinner!
There's even a Facebook page for this sarnie!
Today I found a recipe for a carrot chutney and made some. It's delicious....now where's the cheese?
A recipe I found :
This will make one 8oz jar of chutney!
3 medium sized carrots (grated)
2tbsp olive oil
1 pinch salt
6 dessert spoons caster sugar
100 mls white wine vinegar
50 mls water
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan over a low heat.
2. Add grated carrot to the pan and cook slowly until soft. Add pinch salt
3. Add sugar mix until disolved
4. Pour in vinegar and water
5. Bring mixture to the boil and cook quickly until all liquid has been absorbed
6. Pour into a sterilised jar and leave to cool (to sterilise an 8oz jar, pre heat oven to 150 degrees celcius, wash jar in soapy water and rinse, place jar and lid in heated oven for 15mins)
Once opened will keep in the fridge for up to one week.
Hope you like it!
Yoltan comment 17 http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=218360,